If you’ve had Scotland on your mind this week (it seems a large part of the world has) then we thought what better time to mention five top reasons to get married in this bonnie land. We know you’ll have others to add in to the mix…
1. The Dress Code. There’s one thing the Scots are great at when it comes to weddings and that’s dressing up. From full highland wear, to more relaxed formalwear, we think you’ll find some of the most stylish grooms in Scotland.
And when it comes to the girls we know how to wow. We are loving some of the latest trends we’ve seen coming through the blog. Girls that not only know how to dress well, but also show off their personalities.
2. Hospitality. When it comes to parties, you can’t really beat a Scottish party. With food and drink flowing the parties are notorious for fun atmosphere and cracking banter.
We’ve seen some great ideas at weddings recently, from the full works of canapés through to sit-down dinners, to relaxed dining in the great outdoors with more food than the guests can handle. And whether your tipple’s champagne or whisky you’ll find both in abundance at a Scottish wedding.
3. The Spaces. Pardon us for boasting, but we think Scotland offers something for all. From breathtaking beaches, to houses draped in history, right down to open spots perfect for a tipi or two. And don’t even get us started on the castles…
4. The Climate. From well-and-truly wet, to scorching sunny days, Scotland does four seasons in one day better than most. There is a saying “If you don’t like the weather in Scotland, wait ten minutes and it will change”.
The changeable weather makes it all the more exciting for capturing different photographs, and treating your guests to a little bit of inside and outside at your chosen venue.
5. The Dancing. What better way to get all your guests involved in your wedding party than by hosting a ceilidh?
Some of the best ceilidhs I’ve seen are those where the guests don’t know the dance, but get stuck in regardless. Hilarious and so much fun to be a part of. And of course there’s the added bonus of burning off some of those calories you stack away during dinner.
In what has been a hugely important week in Scottish history, we are proud to be part of a country that has so much to give. If you’re not already planning your Scottish wedding, why not? Alie x