The sun is shining, spring is starting to feel just around the corner and wine o’clock is calling. But before we dive into the weekend, here’s what we’re loving this week…
One of our favourite things about this time of year is that we get to welcome new folks to our Wedding Collection – our curated directory of Scotland’s most creative, talented suppliers. After admiring their work for some time (and hearing just how amazing they are from you lovely lot!), it’s always exciting to make these new connections.
We’ve also been out and about lots, checking out the most exciting new venues to arrive in Scotland in 2018 too (can’t wait to share them with you soon!).
IT’S ALL IN THE FOLD
We love unique, creative wedding stationery and have been crushing on Origami Fox’s designs since Anna Muckart first launched her business in 2015. You only need to take a look at her colourful save-the-dates and invitations (not to mention the stickers, badges and signage she offers!) to see why we fell in love with her work.
We were also excited to welcome Jst Married Wedding Films to the WFIL family this week. Drew and Tracy are visual storytellers who love capturing raw, emotional moments and crafting a real and personal wedding film for every couple. Soon to be married themselves, they love to film weddings that are a little off the beaten track – be it tipis in a meadow, a marquee on a farm or an elopement among the Scottish pines.
And the award for constantly making us hungry goes to the wonderful folks over at Salt & Sauce! We love that chef, Chris Tonner and bartender, Adrian Gomes have teamed up to deliver delicious food with the perfect “sauce” (booze) to match. Needless to say, their wedding feasts have been going down a storm!
This week I’ve been mostly…
1. Looking forward to getting my ceilidh on in Glasgow this weekend.
2. Loving the vibe, views and food at Bird & Bear in Dundee.
3. Bringing spring forward by treating myself to a colourful bunch of tulips.
4. Thinking that I really need to be part of the new Blade Runner – The Final Cut Secret Cinema experience.
5. After years of dipping in and out of yoga/kickboxing/pilates/tae kwon do/running (but more out than in!), realising that I have totally lost my exercise mojo. Any suggestions of what might bring it back would be gratefully received!
Be sure to check back in with us over the weekend when we’ll be sharing our Photos of the Month (choosing was so tough!). Until then, happy Friday! Christina x