We can’t quite decide whether we’re relieved or not quite ready for it to be the last Friday in January – how did it roll around so soon?! Needless to say, our 18 goals for 2018 are needing a lot of work if we’re going to get them ticked off this year (think I’ve managed one so far!). Here’s what’s been making us happy this week…
Not sure if it’s the roaring fires, the forest that surrounds it, or the quaint church just down the road (or possibly all of these things and more!), but Drumtochty Castle stole our hearts years ago. We’ve been to many weddings there over the years and it really is a magical place.
Tucked away in its very own glen, with the nearby hills offering incredible views, the castle has a secluded, Highland feel, while being easily accessible from the A90 and Scotland’s major cities – perfect if you’ve got guests travelling from afar.
If you’re looking for an exclusive use venue for your wedding and would like to take a look inside yourself (we always love an excuse to go back!), then the Wedding Showcase on February 25th 2018 is the perfect opportunity. Let us know if you fall in love!
(Photo by Harper Scott Photo)
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“The one truly unforgettable thing for us would be the overwhelming feeling of happiness and togetherness you feel on your wedding day. Becoming a family, becoming husband and wife and having the biggest smiles ever all day long. It was such a lovely day, with all of our favourite people together celebrating, it gave us the warmest feeling and memories to last a lifetime.”
All the feels! If you missed it first time around, then be sure to check out Holly & Michael’s rustic Highland village hall wedding. So much pretty!
(Photo by The Gibsons)
This week I’ve been mostly…
1. Falling in love with this sequinned jumpsuit by Temperley while helping my friend look for the wedding dress of her dreams. A Vegas vow renewal suddenly feels in order…
2. Catching up on ‘henmin’ – plans for the away hen weekend are well and truly afoot!
3. Thinking about gin and flowers. Again. I blame Little Botanica (check out their next flower crown workshop here).
4. Feeling ridiculously chuffed after buying a LED lamp and doing my own gel nails (how did I not know this was an option until now?!). Eight days on and they’re still going strong.
5. Killing most of my house plants (sad times!). Anyone got any tips to help keep them alive over winter?
Be sure to check in over the weekend, when we’ll be sharing an absolute beauty of a wedding. Until then, cheers to Friday! Christina x